Just like purchasing sneakers in the real world, there are a lot of factors to consider and get excited about when purchasing SNEAKs on Step App! We are going to walk you through the main things you need to consider when buying a SNEAK. But first you may be wondering, what is a SNEAK?
SNEAKs are Step App’s unique in-app sneakers that have various categorisations which contribute to the overall monetary value and the earning potential of the SNEAK. In our app, SNEAKs are a digital asset that allow you to earn while you move. When you are selecting a SNEAK that is right for you, it is important to consider your activity level, as your earnings and in-game experience are directly related to your pace and the unique attributes of your SNEAK.
There are three main things to consider when you are selecting your SNEAK: the SNEAK type, the attributes and the SNEAK quality. We will be going into detail about each of these factors.
There are four different types of SNEAKs: the walker, the hiker, the racer, and the coach. Each SNEAK is suitable for various activity levels, this means you get to choose the best SNEAK for your personal activity levels and lifestyle.
Each SNEAK has a specific recommended speed range based on the SNEAK type. When buying your SNEAK it is important to consider these speeds because when you are using your SNEAK you will only earn when you move within the SNEAK’s accepted speed interval. Here's some more information on each SNEAK type.
- For leisurely walking and low-intensity movement.
- Speed Interval: 1 km/h - 6 km/h.
- To put into perspective, you can be moving as slow as if you were walking in the park with your grandma or as fast as if you were late for an important meeting in the office.
- Good for fast paced walking or light running.
- Speed Interval: 4km/h - 10km/h.
- This means you should be moving faster than someone who is walking briskly to catch a train that is about to leave but slower than someone who is actually running.
- For people who move fast.
- Speed Interval: 8km/h - 20km/h.
- Imagine running to catch your flight right before they close the boarding gate, or chasing after your dog who escaped the leash.
- The most versatile and adaptable type of SNEAK. If you have a Coach SNEAK you do not have to think about the speed you are moving at as it has the widest acceptable speed interval.
- Speed Interval: 1km/h - 20 km/h.
- So you earn no matter what speed you are moving at. The Coach SNEAK is great if you are someone who likes having options. With the Coach you can walk, jog, or run and you will constantly earn.
Pro-Tip: If you are moving outside of your SNEAK's speed interval make sure to click 'pause' or you will be using your SNEAK's energy without earning any KCAL.
Each SNEAK has four unique attributes. These attributes are Activity, Luck, Resistance and Balance. Attributes increase when you level up your SNEAK and they influence how much KCAL tokens you earn in the game. Attributes are important to runners and minters who use Step App.
Here's what you need to know about each attribute:
- Determines the amount of KCAL tokens you earn for each unit of energy used.
- This means the higher the Activity attribute, the more KCAL you earn per unit of energy.
- Impacts your chance of receiving a chest while running.
- If you run for longer, the higher your Luck attribute means you have a higher chance of receiving a chest. Chests can include valuable in-game items.
- Impacts the cost of repairing your SNEAK.
- The higher your SNEAK’s Resistance Attribute, the less you will have to pay to repair your SNEAK after a run.
- Determines how many KCAL tokens you will receive after the burning process.
- The higher your SNEAK’s Balance Attribute, the more KCAL tokens you will receive after burning.
If your main use of the app is for earning while you walk, jog or run, then attributes will impact your earnings and SNEAK experience in-app.
If you are a minter it is important to consider attributes because each time you mint a SNEAK there is a fee that is applied to the SNEAK’s attributes.
The last factor to consider is the SNEAK quality. There are five SNEAK qualities: common, uncommon, rare, epic and legendary. The quality of the SNEAK influences the basic attributes of a SNEAK. Please note that you cannot change the quality of a SNEAK. To change your SNEAK quality you will have to buy a new SNEAK in a shoebox or in the marketplace.
Making decisions on your SNEAK is important as it directly affects your earnings. We suggest taking some time to learn more about SNEAK types, attributes, qualities and look at what is available on the market.
And remember, strategy is everything Steppers!
Download Step App
Access assets, marketplace & wallet via the web version
Stay up to date with Step App through our Social Channels